Tuesday, February 21, 2006

my mind and i

Last night I had a lucid dream. The one where you realize you are dreaming, and therefore are free to do what you want.

It was the most amazing experience. I could fly, I could explore new places, all the while being aware that I’m dreaming. And then, as usual, my mind tricked me out of it. But this time it made me think that I saw my son on a high bed, about to take a hard fall. In panic I rushed to wake up to save him, only to find him safely tucked under his blanket. Thank God.

Now, that’s the thing about my mind. Every time I get to a point where I think I’m in control, and am flowing blissfully across the universe, it knocks me right out of it. I’m used to it, and I expect the knocks. It keeps me grounded in dreams and in reality. So I don’t get my nose to high, and don’t imagine life to be smooth sailing.

But darn, I wish it didn’t take cheap shots.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your comment on your Lucid dreaming and I have always wanted to have a Lucid dream just to experience it....but try and try to no avail. I have come to the conclusion that you're born with this skill or not and that's it.

Enjoy your future lucid dreams!!

8:08 PM  
Blogger vasilisa said...

Actually, Lucid Dreaming is easier than it seems. It just takes some commitment when you are awake, to train your brain to evaluate reality.

There is a wonderful book out there called Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming, by Stephen Laberge. It gives a lot of techniques and ideas on how to get started.

Good luck!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home