Saturday, February 25, 2006

clay aiken lawsuit

Not that I’m into American Idol or anything. But I did watch the first season. And a bit of the second. So I know who Clay Aiken is. He’s the guy who lost… no, wait… won… Whatever. He got a contract and people bought his albums. Lots of them. Cause they saw him on TV and liked, presumably, his singing.

Well, apparently now some of these same people are suing poor old Clay and his team for false advertising. (Former Clay Aiken Fans Sue Record Label for False Advertising). These poor fans have learned that Clay is gay. From very reliable source, I must add – the tabloids.

“It is obvious now that the private Clay is very different from the manufactured packaged public Clay that was marketed to us." The ladies are upset that the record company "engaged in collusion to prevent public disclosures they believed might be harmful to their product."

Whoa, whoa, ladies! Product? Packaged Clay? Now I know we’ve hit the emancipation age, but you don’t have to rub the dudes’ noses in it. And, did I miss something, or Clay was supposed to be selling his music, and not his private little life? Cause he might be entitled to, oh, I don’t know… PRIVACY?

Nevertheless, it is reassuring to know that the legal system has so much time on its hands that it is out there to protect us from being duped. Because we really thought that Britney Spears was a virgin, and that Jessica and Nick Simpson, oops, Lachey, where a match made in heaven. And Brad and Angelina were just friends. Because, ahm… we believe everything celebrities say.

Oh well, now I must go. Because I’m very busy filing a lawsuit against the Black Eyed Peas. I’m suing them for false advertising -- there were no peas in that darn CD package.

7 Comments:

Blogger g said...

That... is one of the funniest posts I've read. Thanks! Fab writing.

7:27 PM  
Blogger vasilisa said...

Thanks :)

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent writing I must say.
Tabloids - is there anything they don't know?

12:00 AM  
Blogger Bradley Herring said...

Was Liberace ever sued when people found out he was gay?

12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what about Elton John?

I think people with this kind of time on their hands shouldn't be spending it coming up with frivolous lawsuits.

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay I love you for posting this ! For one thing we dont know for sure Clay is gay so we need to leave him alone ....if he is gay thats hid business ! Well i totally agree with you ! Thank you for putting this up !!!!

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be gay or straight but don't use the Lord and Christianity to hide behind, Being a hypocrite is worse than being gay.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home