Monday, March 20, 2006

kid’s got a fever

This was never intended to be a mommy blog. And really it is not. But my kid’s got a fever. Which basically means that I can’t think of much else right now.

Last night the kid woke up feeling hot like a little furnace. And then again this evening. It’s his first fever, so naturally, as calm as I usually like to be, I was freaking out. Calling every number imaginable – parents, doctors, nurses.

Only after countless assurances that he’s ok and does not need to be driven anywhere till tomorrow, and after the amazing invention called “Tempra” kicked in, was I able to relax a bit. And read Harry Potter. Yes, that is my cooping mechanism. I’m hoping to read out a spell that will take care of all this fever nonsense once and for all.

And I have new respect for the kiddo – he took the whole thing a lot better than his parents.

Maybe I should take a tip from him. Next time I feel like crap, I’ll stick a toe in my mouth.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mom101 said...

First, hope your son is feeling better. It sucks to have a sick kid in every possible way. Second, it doesn't matter what we set out to be or not be in our writing, mom is in large part who we are, at least for certain hours of the day. To neglect that aspect of ourselves would be disingenuous. Never apologize for saying what's on your mind.

Thanks for the link, mama. Take care of the little toesucker.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your son is feeling better. The first fever is so scary. I think I had that ear thermometer stuck in my daughter's ear all day.

Thanks for stopping by my place!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Kids are very resilient. They teach us so much about ourselves, such as temperance, patience, love and other spiritual principles. Your son is an integral part of your life, therefore a part of your blog. Here's to a speedy recovery for the little one and a calm peace of mind for you. I really love the honesty and integrity of your blog. :)

11:52 PM  
Blogger vasilisa said...

Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Kid’s fever is a freaky experience. I feel like I've missed a couple of days of reality. I even forgot that the Figure Skating World Championships started on Monday. And knowing me, that’s saying a lot. I never miss it.

Luckily he’s better now, and is so active I’m barely able to keep up. Which is the way I like it.

12:13 AM  
Blogger Kerri Anne said...

I hope your kiddo feels better, stat! I love that Harry Potter is a comfort book for you. Nothing makes me smile more than sitting down with Harry for a few. ;)

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home