Wednesday, March 22, 2006

chicken wings

If I had categories, I would’ve probably put this one with the bulls and cows.

Seriously, I love how the city life has evolved. You need to know nothing about your food nowadays.

I was in a restaurant, and a guy a couple of tables away from mine, was ordering his meal. He wanted chicken wings -- DRUMSTICK VERSION… Not the “can I have drumsticks instead of the wings”, but the drumstick wings, please. Yeah, and I want to meet that chicken. Genetic engineering must be doing wonders out there.

Naturally, given that one could become famous for 'chicken tuna' or 'flying buffalos' (Jessica Simpson, just in case), it’s only fitting that general public would be playing catch up. We all crave our moments of glory, don’t we?

I guess this also explains all the creative diets on the market. Hmmm… I wonder, how many people think that grapefruit diet has something to do with grapes? (It doesn’t? Darn…)

Then again. Maybe it’s the whole customer satisfaction mantra that makes the restaurants do the impossible. I mean, they always get my orders right. In case you’re curious, I always get my French fries steamed. Lettuce version. Cause I’m on a special diet. I only eat pseudo-food.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

The world has become richly deep fried in rancid consumerism that has caused them to lose the only semblance of brain cells they had. Because of technology, i.e. internet, cell phones, mp3 players, etc., people feel they don't have to think. It's too hard to compute, so they sit at their computers and tap on the keyboard, hoping that something in their brain will click like two flint stones clicking together to make fire. But nothing happens and those same people wind up in restaurants sitting two tables away from you ordering what they think is cool but ending up sounding like Jessica Simpson.

Waiter, I'll have potato skins without the skin, nachos without cheese and square onion rings please.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Dr.John said...

I'm still stuck on buffalo wings. The whole concept boggles the mind.

12:13 PM  
Blogger Kerri Anne said...

Mmm...pseudo-food. ;)

5:29 AM  
Blogger galina said...

too funny : )

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home