Tuesday, March 28, 2006

this is a vent

I have been seriously neglecting my blogging duties. For some reason creativity went out the window. It’s been replaced by idle wall gazing, baby chasing and Harry Potter reading. I fully intend to improve. As soon as I’m done with Harry.

And there’s been no wit or philosophy in the air lately. Spring is in the air. And the only thing on my mind is getting out of the house. Cause I’m cooped up in under-construction-suburbia without a car.

BOO-HOO me… Yeah, you don’t have a car either, and are managing.

Well, try being stuck in a middle of suburbia, surrounded by roads of houses and parks yet to be built, and shopping centres only in the minds of elusive city planners. Through in a baby who can’t even walk yet, a freezing weather and an empty fridge.

HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSED TO GET OUT OF THIS PLACE?

That’s, my friends, is how people go crazy. And that’s why they start blogging – so the kid doesn’t think mommy went crazy and is talking to herself.

She does that anyways.

The talking.

“and now we’re going to change your diaper… yes your diaper… cause it’s dirty… and I’m tired… and I need to get new pants… and there are no tomatoes in the fridge… so I can’t make myself a decent sandwich… and I’m hungry… and you’re smiley… and you’re stinky… and when daddy gets home we’ll tell him all we think about him leaving us without the freaking tomatoes… yes we will… yes we will…”

Really. I’m only doing that to encourage his verbal development.

5 Comments:

Blogger Alexys Fairfield said...

Hey Vasilia,

Here's an idea. Let the little guy do your blogging for you. That way, you can get a much needed break to avoid a break down.

Would you even consider moving to a sunnier place? We have lots of sun here in Los Angeles, but I think it may make people a little light headed, like Jessica Simpson.

We also have grocery stores who will deliver real groceries. Don't let it get to you too much. Summer is almost here. :)

8:45 PM  
Blogger the damn boy said...

That baby will grow up to be well informed about current affairs.

11:34 PM  
Blogger vasilisa said...

Alexys, I'd love to go somewhere sunnier! Just thinking about moving with a baby makes me crazy. For now all I need is a car. I hear it has an excellent weather control feature :-)

Kaschief, I agree. He'll be very well versed in life. His primary sources of information are very reliable: mommy and Simpsons!

4:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about - next time your husband leaves you home without freaking tomatoes, take a cab to Toronto, charge it to his credit card, and have him pick you up after you are done buying freaking tomatoes, freaking pants, freaking jewelry and any other freaking thing that grabs your attention : )

10:45 AM  
Blogger Kerri Anne said...

I think of all excuses not to blog, a date with Harry P. is a good one. ;)

6:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home